With gray hair comes lots of experience and sometimes a little wisdom.
My hope is that this website will help those who visit it to weave deeper meaning and more enjoyment into the special days that occur throughout the year, while also finding some helpful tips and resources.
If you’ve visited my website before, welcome back!
If you’re new to my website, here’s a little introduction to help you get the most out of it:
To take a peek at some of my articles, beginning with my most recent, scroll toward the bottom of this page.
Want to receive an e-mail alert whenever I add a new post? Just scroll to the bottom of this page and enter your e-mail address in the “Subscribe here!” box.
Then please check your e-mail (including spam and junk folders), since you will need to click on the link in the confirmation e-mail to verify your subscription.
Below is an overview of what you can expect to find when selecting from the menu above:
- If you’re interested in seeing articles for a particular major American holiday or special day, you can select a holiday or special day, then select a sub-category. Wonder what kinds of articles you will find? Selecting a Christmas sub-category might take you to some thoughts about the real meaning of Christmas, instructions for a set of handmade Christmas ornaments, or some fun Christmas games. Selecting an Easter sub-category may take you to some meaningful Easter gifts, help with organizing an Easter egg hunt, or some Easter movies and videos for various ages. (If you don’t have a printer needed for a craft project, consider willing family members or friends who have one, or maybe office supply stores, libraries, or Fed Ex and UPS stores.) To get started, just select “Holidays.”
- If you love helpful tips, you’ll find several categories of them. Have some fun investigating the tips under those categories. You might find a recipe, a recommendation for a great book, or a practical tip to help make your life just a little bit better. To begin your adventure, select “Tips.”
- Learn of other websites that may be of interest. These websites can guide you to faith-based entities I have found helpful. You’ll find them by selecting “Resources.”
- Are you curious to learn a little about me and what motivated me to have a website of this nature? You will find that many of my articles reflect my faith. Reading the “About” page will give insight into why this is the case. To satisfy your curiosity, select “About.”
- Maybe you’d like to contact me. I’d love to hear from you. Just select “Contact.”
JoAnne Lily Stark
The Best Father Ever
Having a good father is one of the best blessings in life. I was blessed to have a wonderful, loving father, but he passed away [...]
A Guide for Teaching Reading by Phonics
Do you have someone in your family—young or old—who struggles with reading the English language at the expected level of competency? Being a good reader [...]
Mother’s Day – The Value of Lullabies
We can see the soothing effects of some kinds of music by looking way back into Old Testament times. In I Samuel 16 we see [...]